Research Fellow, Biological Science Work at NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
The successful candidate will work with A/P Mok Yu Keung, Henry on studying the interaction of dengue virus dsRNA (PK) pseudoknots with the dsRNA binding domain of mosquito proteins in the setting of a project on “Molecular mechanism of viral non-coding RNA in dengue virus replication”.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Determine the complex structures of staufen or Loqs2 dsRBDs (single or tandem domains) with DENV and ZIKV sfRNA-derived PK dsRNAs.
- Identify differential specificities in the binding of different Loqs2 staufen or dsRBDs to PK dsRNAs derived from DENV and ZIKV ssRNA.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
As of January 15, 2022, based on Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises. As such, we regret to advise that job applicants must be fully immunized against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Degrees / Disciplines:
- For Research Fellow, a PhD in the relevant field of protein biochemistry.
- Expression and purification of proteins, X-ray crystallography of proteins or NMR, amplification and folding of RNA, study of protein-DNA/RNA interactions by EMSA, ITC, SPR or biolayer interferometry.
- Experience: Relevant research experience in structural biology of proteins will be considered an advantage.
Site: [[Kent Ridge]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department: [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Eligible Employee Referral: [[No]]
Job Application ID: 11682